DEPARTMENT ISSUE ORDERS FOR MAINTENANCE OF SELECT PANEL WHILE FINALIZING THE SELECTION OF VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS. ORDERS PLACED AS UNDER.
Sub: Maintenance of select panel while finalizing the selection of various categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
D.G. Posts No. 19-142010-GDS dated 25.06.2010.
I am directed to refer to Directorate letter No. 22.12/2001-GDS dated 17.09.2003 regarding observations of conditions of appointment of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
2. In para 4 of the said letter, it was stated that the sole criterion for selection to the posts of all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks will henceforth be the merit subject to orders on reservation and fulfilling other eligibility conditions like providing space for Branch Office, taking up residence in the BO village etc.
3. The existing procedure does not provide for maintaining a select panel of candidates and operating a waiting list. In the event of selected candidate's refusal to take up the job, failure to provide accommodation within the given time ,etc the concerned recruiting authorities re-notify the vacancy and start the process afresh which oftenly results in delay and litigations.
4. The Hono`ble Central administrative Tribunal Hyderabad Bench an Original Application No.488/2007 filed by Shri M. Santosh vs Union of India .Replying on the Judgment of Full Bench of Hyderabad Bench in the case of M.Sarojini vs Senior Superintendent of Post Office,Vishakhapatnam in OA No. 1315/2000 dated 12.4.2001 wherein the Full Bench passed the order considering all these facts and circumstances we feel that the Department should prepare a panel even for selection to the posts of ED Agents under the P&T EDA(Conduct and Service) Rules,1964. The size of the panel shall not be disproportionate to number of posts. The validity of the period shall be one year."
5. The judgment of the Full Bench of Hyderabad CAT in OA No. 1315/2009 dated 12.04.2001 and the observations made by the Hon`ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh , the issue of regarding maintenance of a select panel and operating a waiting list for various categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks posts has been examined by the Competent Authority.
6. It has been decided that in all cases of future engagement of all categories Gramin Dak Sevaks including the cases which are currently in process and selections not finalized, a select panel of the candidates may be drawn up based on the sole criterion of merit. The panel should be operated in the event of the following contingencies:
(i) Refusal by the meritorious candidate.
(ii) Resignation by the 1st candidate even after joining within one year.
(ii) Review made by the higher authority within one year.
The select panel will be in the proportion of 5 candidates for one vacancy, ie 1.5. The Select Panel will be valid for one year from the date of finalization and after that it would lose its validity.
7. The contents of this letter may be brought to the notice of all authorities concerning to the recruitment of various categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks for strict compliance.
8. This issues with the approval of the Secretary (Posts).
Asstt. Director General (GDS)